SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

"Its strangeness seemed to trigger in me the same primordial feeling of throwness that every negro experiences when hurled into a society that simultaneously supports and, I am saying, annihilates him, because he can find reflections of himself nowhere in it - like a falcon exiled, say, to the Lifeworld of fish, always off balance, but finally embracing the alien in all its otherness, yet never sure if he's got it right.”

From The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Charles R. Johnson. The quote is from the short story "Popper's Disease" on page 134 of the Penguin softcover.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Music To Read By. Hiroshima

We've been cleaning out our shed and Jake found a tub of old cassettes.  Hiroshima's Los Angeles was one of the tapes.  I was introduced to Hiroshima in the early 80's with the album Dada.  Here from 1994 is "Only Love" brought to you by Canal de leandorassiz and Youtube.  It's very relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. I love the music, wonderful early morning listening, it reminds me that it is indeed a beautiful day out there today, I find it uplifting.

    Did you see this article just recently about soundtracks on ebooks? I don't usually listen to music when I read a novel, but reading online definitely.

    Can Booktrack make ebooks sensuous? http://gu.com/p/36pt7/tw via @guardian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like Hiroshima. I'll be playing music from my old cassettes the next few weeks. I don't read many ebooks. It's hard on my aging eyes. Thanks for stopping by.

    Take care,
    Judaye

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?